Thursday, May 31, 2007

Our Little Lady


Violet is 12 weeks old today. Every day I look at her and think of what a blessing she is and can't imagine my life without her. Last week she laughed for the first time. It is truly a magical thing when you hear your baby laugh for the first time! Luckily, she laughed for Rich a few days later - so he actually believed that it had happened. ;)
Violet is very smiley lately. I love to come in and get her in the morning - she always gives me a big, bright smile and wiggles her legs to greet me. Her continuous smiling throughout the day only confirms what I've know my whole life - I am the funniest woman alive! ;)
She's gained 4 lbs and grown 2 inches since she was born and her elbows and knuckles are beginning to sport the quintessential baby dimples!
I can't wait for the next 12 weeks to see how much she grows and learns.


3 comments:

Tracey said...

You are such a sweetie Lil' Violet. We are so lucky to have you in our lives. You make us all happier! :)

Bridgette said...

12 weeks already, wow. It's amazing how the time really does go by, but what a cute stage she's at right now. It's also funny how once babies do arrive you really can't imagine life without them. I remember one morning a couple months after Brennan was born and I was just listening to his little sounds/coos from the other room and thinking, "I can't remember what it was like before hearing those sounds all the time." You get used to them being there immediately, and it seems like they were always a part of your life.

Adams Fam: said...

Did I mention how much I love this pic? Especially in the black and white up top. Whenever I visit the site, I always have to scroll down and look at this pic again...She is so sweet, must come see her again soon!