Thursday, January 01, 2009

To want for nothing

During the first day of this new year I am grateful.

Despite growing up in a house where money didn't exactly grow on the tree outside our door, we never needed a thing. We had food aplenty (even if it was a bushel of zucchini), a warm home, loving family, and a safe environment. It wasn't perfect...but it was nurturing and healthy.

And now, as Violet sleeps soundly in her room upstairs and the temp dips below 20 degrees outside, I realize how blessed I am that years later I can still be in a safe, warm environment. We have food, friends near by, and faith in something bigger than ourselves.

At this moment, I want for nothing (of importance). That might not always be the case, but in this moment I am grateful.

1 comment:

Tracey said...

Amen.