Friday, April 25, 2008

Guess who...

...crawled across our front 'lawn' today? The booger above.

I plopped Vi down so she could dig in the dirt and pull up hand fulls of grass (her new favorite thing to do) and turned around to begin weeding. When I turned back to check on her she was on her knees smiling at me. After putting her head to the ground (her signal that she wants to play a round of 'Where's Viley?') she just took off and crawled about 5 ft to the right. I was stunned. Since I didn't believe my own eyes, I sat down next to her and waited for it to happen again. A few minutes later she was off in the opposite direction (slowly, but surely)!

I find this entire incident extremely baffling because afterward we proceeded to go inside and she was playing on the living room rug...got in the crawling position and then boom...down on her belly she 'slithered' to her ball popping machine.

Will she only crawl outside - on grass for that matter? Has she been able to crawl for months and just not found her preferred surface on which to demonstrate her talents? Are the hardwood floors just too hard for her delicate knees?!?!!? What is going on here?!?!

I'm happy she's found her 'legs'...but very confused. ;)

I'll let you know how things progress. Rich swears it's because she was looking for golf balls in the 'ruff'.

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Tracey said...

YAY! I love how she was crawling really slowly yesterday. Too funny because in a couple of weeks she is going to be speed racer. Cute picture too. She looks so comfortable.

Adams Fam: said...

Yeah for Vi! That's so exciting--can't wait to see her in action.